By Dr. Michael J. Wei, DDS – Manhattan New York City
Repair Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers
Do your teeth have embarrassing chips, gaps, stains or misalignment? Now you can “renew” your teeth for an attractive smile that will make you want to show the world with Porcelain Veneers.
Some of the most common cosmetic and functional dental imperfections can be significantly improved with porcelain dental veneers. Stains, gaps, chips, and even teeth misalignment are all issues that can be corrected with porcelain veneers. Custom-designed to cover only the visible part of the affected teeth, porcelain veneers are wafer-thin, like a contact lens.
Porcelain dental veneers can completely transform the look of your teeth for a beautiful smile makeover. Our experienced cosmetic dentist, Dr. Michael Wei offer porcelain veneers as an innovative solution to treat number of dental issues that can affect self-confidence, including chips, gaps, discoloration and misalignment. Made up of thin shells of ceramic material, porcelain veneers are custom-designed to look and feel like your natural teeth. This virtually painless procedure can help you achieve long-lasting results and significantly enhance the appearance of your smile.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers can provide a number of benefits for your smile and self-confidence. Advantages of porcelain veneers include:
- Improved function of the teeth to correct problems such as TMJ and occlusion (bite)
- Improved appearance of chipped, fractured, stained, uneven and worn teeth
- Aesthetically pleasing appearance
- Protected tooth structure
- Custom-designed to match your natural teeth
- Highly resistant to staining and discoloration (more than natural teeth)
- Minimal pain or discomfort
- Can be used to strengthen weakened or cracked teeth
- Can be used to whiten even the darkest teeth that resist traditional whitening methods
- Improves teeth affected by chips, gaps, misalignment, stains and discoloration
How Porcelain Veneers Work:
If you have gapped, chipped, stained or misaligned teeth, you can get them repaired for a complete “Smile Makeover” with porcelain veneers. Each porcelain veneer is designed to complement your smile, and improve your appearance by providing you with a dazzling white smile almost “overnight.”
“Porcelain tooth veneers” are thin shells of handcrafted dental porcelain that are fitted over front teeth to repair smiles and bites. The porcelain veneer treatment usually involves just two visits and is completely painless:
- First, Dr. Wei examines your teeth and considers your existing dentition and bite, as well as your skin tone, age, facial features, length of your teeth, tooth color, tooth shape, bone structure, face shape and facial symmetry. During your first visit, many times he will take impressions for a diagnostic wax-up. This is used as a blueprint for your final smile – something you can visualize. The next visit, the teeth are minimally prepared by removing a small portion of enamel about 0.3 mm – 0.5 mm to allow for the thickness of the veneers and to ensure a strong seal. An impression is then taken and prepared to send to the lab where the porcelain dental veneers will be created. Then a trial smile (temporary veneers) will be made to give you a “test drive” of your new smile. This unique step allows patients to test drive their new improved smile. After wearing the temporary veneers, the patient returns a day or two later to provide feedback on the look, fit, shape, size, and color of their temp. Using this feedback and at this time, Dr. Wei can make changes to your smile before the permanent veneers are bonded to the teeth. Your new porcelain dental veneers are usually returned to our office within two weeks.
- The last visit is when the temporary veneers are removed and the new porcelain veneers are temporary placed on the teeth to determine that they are the right size, shape, color, translucency, look and fit. Once your dentist and you have confirmed that the veneers are just right, they will be bonded to the front surface of each individual tooth with a tooth-colored resin cement. This is done by using a special curing light. Porcelain dental veneers provide a strong, safe, and durable solution to stained, cracked or crooked teeth.
Before & After
Marcella’s old smile did not fit her vibrant personality. She always disliked her prominent canines. Her new smile improved her overall self-confidence. She now loves to smile and is happy to take pictures. We were able to give her the smile of her dreams. She said she did not realize how much her old smile had been holding her back. Now she gets compliments on her beautiful smile all the time!
- Misalignment of Teeth
- Prominent Canines
- Bad Bite
- Stained Teeth
- 6 Porcelain Veneers
- 4 Porcelain Crowns
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
Dan wanted a brighter, whiter, gorgeous smile. He didn’t want to get braces to close all his spaces. He used to walk around embarrassed of his smile because of all the gaps between his teeth and the old dark stained discoloration . His new smile improved his overall self-confidence. Now he has the confidence he always wanted. He can smile easily and loves to show his new dazzling, brighter, and whiter smile.
- A Missing Front Tooth
- A lot of Space Between Teeth
- A Tooth In A Wrong Tooth Position
- Teeth Not Proportional
- Discolored, Stain, Dull Teeth
- Worn-Out Smile
- Uneven Smile
- Bad Bite
- 17 Porcelain Veneers
Tammy was concerned about the health of her teeth and old faulty, bulky, and misaligned porcelain veneers. Tammy’s old smile did not fit her vibrant personality. She always disliked the cracks on the old damaged porcelain veneers. She complained that the porcelain veneers didn’t look natural and vibrant. She wanted a more lively, natural, and whiter smile. We were able to give her the smile of her dreams. Her new smile improved her overall self-confidence. She said she did not realize how much her old smile had been holding her back. Now she gets compliments on her beautiful smile all the time! By using 8 Porcelain Veneers, we were able to give her a brighter and whiter smile to boost her confidence. She looks great and is very happy with a brand new smile.
- Dark Stained Teeth
- Misalignment of Teeth
- Worn-Out Smile
- Uneven Smile
- Fractured, Damaged Old Porcelain Veneers
- Bad Bite
- Different Sizes of Teeth
- Cavities Between Teeth
- 8 Porcelain Veneers
- Tooth Colored Fillings
More Information About Porcelain Veneers
- Are you a candidate for porcelain veneers?
- Discover the problems that can be fixed by porcelain veneers and if you are a good candidate for veneers.
- How much do porcelain veneers cost?
- Find our the factors that effect the cost of porcelain veneers.
- Questions about porcelain veneers
- Get answers to common questions about porcelain veneers.
Call us today at 212-982-4080 for a Free Consultation, Appointment, or for more information about our Porcelain Veneers or Manhattan and New York City Cosmetic Dentistry Services
Find out why our patients love us. See what our happy patients have to say about our quality dental services and personalized dental care. Read our reviews online at Google, Yelp, Citysearch, Insiderpages, SmileReminder, Facebook, and MyNYCCosmeticDenitst.
Why Choose Dr. Wei?
A Proven Dentist – Dr. Wei is one of Manhattan’s top cosmetic dentists. Dr. Wei’s cosmetic dentistry includes world-class laboratory support from the best labs in the world. Dr.Wei is the recipient of numerous awards and accolades.
High Success Rate – Dr. Wei has over 16 years of experience with dental services. Plus, Dr. Wei stands behind his work with a warranty.
Delivery Excellent Results – Dr. Wei has first class technicians and world-class laboratory support. Dr. Wei works very closely with his master dental technicians to ensure you get the best results. Dr. Wei offers the very best quality dental care available.
Easy Financing Available with No Financial Surprises – All financial arrangements are done at our dental office and there will no surprises that cost you more. No hidden costs and no additions after your treatment plan is confirmed and treatment begins.
Fully Warranted – – Dr. Wei will take care of any issues from start to finish. On the rare occasion that a problem should occur, Dr. Wei will fix the problem promptly with no additional fees.
There is usually a follow-up visit for final adjustments, and to review instructions for care of your new smile. Cosmetic dentistry provides a beautiful new smile and last for years and years.