Netflix’s social experiment Love Is Blind shows couples falling in love and getting engaged, sight unseen. Though the goal of the show is to prove that people can connect and commit to each other regardless of looks, it’s clear from how some of the relationships worked out that appearance matters – and so does a perfect smile, whether you’re on TV or in real life.
Perfect Smiles on Love Is Blind
When it comes to dating, whether online or offline or in carefully apportioned pods, teeth are a critical element of attraction. Good teeth are regularly ranked as one of the most important factors in deciding to date someone, if not the most important physical factor. A good smile has a lot of power.
Some of the characters on Season 4 of Love Is Blind stood out for their noticeable smiles. While many contestants like Tiffany, Brett, and Bliss had flawless teeth, there were others with smiles that could have used an intervention.
- Zack: This curly haired defense lawyer from Seattle had a big, white smile and big teeth. Are they natural? Are they poorly done veneers? Only your cosmetic dentist can say for sure, but his smile certainly drew some attention.
- Micah: The blonde beauty wore fake eyelashes around the clock, but they didn’t distract from a smile that included protruding front teeth. Nevertheless, her teeth were bright white and that helps a smile look great no matter its condition.
- Paul: The scientist was casual and analytical, but it’s safe to say he hasn’t had a major cosmetic dentistry His teeth are straight enough, but they are slanted slightly inward. The enamel is a normal tooth color but they could have been whiter.
It’s probably safe to say that none of the contestants’ teeth tanked their relationships (except maybe in the case of Irina who wouldn’t even kiss Zack), but if someone had revealed themselves to their new love with a broken-down smile, the engagement might have ended before any rings landed on any fingers.
How to Perfect Your Flawed Smile
If you feel so self-conscious about your teeth that you don’t smile in photos or in person and you struggle to find love, it may be time to consider the best route to your perfect smile. Getting cosmetic dentistry is the logical place to start, but some patients may also need work on a broken-down smile to make it strong and sturdy before any aesthetic upgrades are completed.
If you want to make a surefire transformation to your teeth and overall appearance, there are multiple smile makeover procedures that might work for you:
- Prepless veneers
- Professional teeth whitening
- Porcelain crowns
- Dental implants
- Full-mouth reconstruction
The only way to know how to upgrade your teeth to a perfect smile is by consulting with your NYC cosmetic dentist. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Michael J. Wei or submit a Smile Virtual form to get a personalized response with suggestions and recommendations. Contact us to make an appointment.