Gummy smiles are usually born, not made. If you have enlarged gums, poorly erupted teeth, an overgrown upper jaw, or a short or high upper lip, you may feel like there is nothing that can be done to alter your appearance. Not true! There are two powerful cosmetic dentistry treatments that, separately or combined, can transform your smile so it’s proportional and beautiful.
Opt for Laser Gum Recontouring
Excess gum tissue is a characteristic that people either embrace or hate, there is usually no happy medium. If you’re self-conscious about excess gum tissue, laser gum recontouring can change everything. Here are just some of the great things about this cosmetic dentistry innovation:
- Fast: The procedure takes one dental visit and only about 30 minutes to complete.
- Results: The results are immediate and dramatic.
- Permanent: Once excess gum tissue is removed, it will never grow back.
- Minimally invasive: Gums are carefully and meticulously lasered for a gentle reshaping.
- Easy healing: Healing time is quick and you can go back to your normal activities right away.
Laser gum recontouring removes unwanted gum tissue and reveals more tooth enamel for that much-wanted symmetry and a flattering gum line.
Choose Porcelain Veneers
Many patients choose porcelain veneers to upgrade their smile, and they can get this treatment with or without a laser gum lift. If you have a gummy smile, but are also plagued with stains, discoloration, gaps, chips, misalignment, or other aesthetic issues, veneers can correct it all in one procedure.
Veneers are the ultimate smile makeover, because they cover up every imperfect. They are carefully customized to suit you and you alone, so the color, size, shape, and length of each veneer flatters your age, gender, face shape, skin color, and even the whites of your eyes.
There are several types of veneers available, and everyone who is interested in this procedure will want to learn about all of them so just the right veneer can be selected.
- Porcelain veneers: These are traditional veneers that require some tooth enamel to be shaved away to make room for the porcelain shields.
- Lumineers: Less-invasive than conventional veneers, Lumineers are super-thin and super-strong.
- No-prep veneers: If you’re worried about altering your natural teeth, no-prep veneers require little to no alteration of the tooth enamel before putting veneers in place.
- Microthin veneers: Microthin veneers are as thin as veneers come and require precision, skill, and the hands of an experienced, specially trained NYC cosmetic dentist.
Veneers are a stain-resistant, incredibly powerful smile makeover procedure. They will make you look younger, happier, healthier, and even smarter and more important. Image is everything in Manhattan, so veneers could be just what you need to perfect yours.
Customize Your Smile Makeover
Ultimately, you want a smile makeover that is just right for you, whether that includes laser gum recontouring, porcelain veneers, both procedures, or something else entirely.
Contact Manhattan dentist Dr. Michael J. Wei to schedule your consultation and discuss your gummy smile, or submit a Smile Virtual request online for a personalized video consultation to learn what’s possible for your new smile.