Sometimes, even if you take great care of your teeth and gums, things begin to fall apart. Where others once saw the same nice smile you always saw in the mirror, your oral health problems are now becoming more noticeable. You have a worn-out smile and it’s obvious – but you don’t have to settle for less than a perfect smile.
Do You Have a Worn-Out Smile?
The most effective and long-lasting solution for correcting a worn-out smile is full-mouth reconstruction. That may sound like a daunting undertaking and, well, maybe it is. The beauty, though, is that you will come out of the other side with a smile that functions properly, feels good, and looks great. Worn-out teeth are a reality, and they can always be fixed – you just have to make the choice to see your Manhattan dentist for help.
Patients who qualify for full-mouth reconstruction often experience issues like:
- Worn enamel: Tooth enamel works hard every day, pressing against the food you bite and chew, sometimes gnashing against other teeth. If you have thin or weak tooth enamel naturally, you’re at risk of wear and tear, but even the heartiest smiles can suffer and see the dentin, pulp, and tooth root at risk.
- Tooth pain: Ongoing toothaches are an indication that something is wrong within your teeth. Even if the pain comes and goes, you’re just lucky it isn’t constant. Its presence is an indication that you are probably suffering from tooth decay or an infection, both of which will only get worse without treatment. If there are no cavities, then chronic teeth grinding could be the culprit, putting you at risk for worn enamel, gum recession, broken teeth, and more.
- Chipped or broken teeth: You know that a broken tooth is a problem. Not only is the chip or break unsightly, it leaves you wide open to letting bacteria into the tooth and can turn into tooth decay. One broken tooth means a greater likelihood of more broken teeth.
- Mouth soreness or discomfort: How well do your teeth function? Are you worried about biting into your food and cracking a tooth in the process? Do you have chronic jaw pain? Problems with alignment or the overall anatomy of your mouth are painful, but they can be successfully addressed with neuromuscular treatments.
- Difficulty eating: Your teeth are supposed to make it possible for you to bite and chew properly, no matter what the food. If you struggle with this basic function, if you have loose or painful teeth, there is a great chance that you have gum disease.
Fixing a Worn-Out Smile with Full-Mouth Reconstruction
The rehabilitation of a worn-out smile takes time and multiple restorative dentistry and cosmetic dentistry treatments. The investment in these procedures is worth it though to achieve a healthy, strong smile that is free from problems.
If you have a worn-out smile, you might need treatments like porcelain crowns, root canal therapy, tooth-colored fillings, gum disease treatment, dental bonding, TMJ treatment, tooth extraction, dental implants, porcelain veneers, and more.
Find out what’s right for your smile makeover. Submit a Smile Virtual request to receive a personalized video message from Dr. Wei or schedule a consultation at his Midtown Manhattan dental office.