Once you hit your 40s and 50s, you start to feel your age. Even if you have taken great care of yourself, there are things that start to get broken-down and just don’t look as nice anymore, including your teeth. When you fall into this category, it’s time to consider the cosmetic dentistry treatments that can make a difference for your smile.
Where to Begin with Cosmetic Dentistry Upgrades
Sometimes it’s hard to identify what’s wrong with your teeth. You know what you don’t like about your smile, but you may think you’re being too vain and that it’s more natural to let your teeth age right along with the rest of you.
Don’t be so hard on yourself. You deserve to have a smile you’re proud of, a smile that makes you feel confident and look happy, no matter what age you are. Here’s where to start:
- Schedule a consultation with your Manhattan cosmetic dentist.
- Discuss your smile complaints.
- Get a diagnosis and understand what’s really going on with your teeth.
- Listen to the recommendations that are most appropriate for upgrading your smile.
- Undergo a dental exam to determine if you’re a good candidate for these cosmetic dentistry treatments.
- Choose the treatments that best serve your oral health and budget.
- Schedule your smile makeover.
Middle-Aged Cosmetic Dentistry Problems
Here are some of the cosmetic problems that are far more likely to occur to your teeth as you age:
- Gum recession: Teeth grinding and clenching is a common cause of gum recession, which makes teeth look longer and changes the appearance of your smile.
- Worn out dental work: Once you reach a certain age, the dental work you had done decades earlier may begin to fall apart and need replacing, like fillings or dental crowns.
- Stained or discolored teeth: Over time, teeth can become discolored, and sometimes this changing color cannot be altered with dedicated brushing alone.
- Gapped teeth: You may have a straight smile, but you may find yourself flossing more because of miniscule gaps that develop between your teeth as you age.
These are only some of the cosmetic problems that may be plaguing your smile. If you don’t like what you see when you smile in the mirror or look at your own selfies, it’s time to make a change and get the smile that you do love.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments for Middle-Aged Patients
Cosmetic dentistry works for patients of all ages. Middle-aged patients may find themselves drawn to the following treatments:
- Prepless veneers: No prep required, keep your natural teeth underneath, but utterly transform your entire smile in size, shape, and color.
- Porcelain crown: Fix that one miscolored, misshapen, or unsightly tooth with a customized porcelain crown.
- Teeth whitening: Brighten up your smile by several shades with professional-grade bleaching products that get deep down and break up tooth stains.
- Smile makeover: Go for the whole big change and makeover your entire smile with several personalized cosmetic dentistry treatments for a new smile.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Michael J. Wei at his Midtown Manhattan dental office to find out whether it’s time for you to invest in cosmetic dentistry.